Caring for others can be stressful and how well you care for yourself is as important as how well you care for your residents. Here are a few simple tips to help manage personal stress:
- Take care of your body: get plenty of sleep, eat nutritious balanced meals, stay active.
- Be social: spending time with friends and family can help relieve the pressures and demands of your work.
- Take a break! Be sure to set aside time for yourself to do things you enjoy.
- Talk it out: discuss your stress with someone you trust.
- Keep an open mind.
- Stay organized: having a plan to keep organized can help prevent work from building up and creating even more stress.
- Remember the power of positive self-talk.