RCFEs are responsible for reporting certain incidents to Community Care Licensing. Regulation 87211 requires a written report be submitted for any of the following:
- Death of any resident from any cause
- Any serious injury
- The use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Any incident which threatens the welfare, safety or health of any resident
Reports must be made according to the following timeframes:
- The written report must be submitted within seven days.
- Occurrences which threaten the health, safety, or welfare of residents, personnel, or visitors must be reported within 24 hours by telephone or fax.
- Fires or explosions must be reported immediately to the local fire authority and no later than the next working day CCL.