New 4 CEU Class Available for Registration
In an effort to continue providing new, relevant and educational CEU courses for RCFE and ARF administrators, Care and Compliance Group is happy to announce the first of many new CEU classes that will be added to our 2016 course calendar – Rising Resident Acuity. This class is designed to provide administrators with staffing strategies that will raise quality of care and improve their bottom line.
This half-day (4 CEU) class is available at a variety of locations throughout Northern California, and will be led by CCG instructor and industry expert, Wade Elliott. Mr. Elliot is the CEO of WestHaven Senior Living has over 14 years of experience in the senior care industry. His classes incorporate interactive learning tactics and real world examples that ensure participation is fun, educational and worthwhile.
Rising Resident Acuity Course Description:
Residential care providers find themselves in the horns of a dilemma: those seeking our services are increasingly requiring a higher level of care than seen in years past even as costs of doing business are rising faster than operator revenues.
Successful providers today need to understand the direct relationship that exists between delivering quality care to ever more dependent seniors and the need for more qualified direct care staffs. In this 4 hour intensive participants will learn simple proven approaches to insure that the financial resources needed to recruit, hire, train, and retain excellent direct care staffs are captured by our fee for service programming and invested in raising the standards of care training needed to meet the challenges of today’s resident.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Recognize that rising acuity in senior care communities is here to stay.
- Understand the need for highly trained care staffs to meet the needs of these residents.
- Learn how training as an investment, rather than an expense, transforms an organization.
- Develop a realistic budget with targeted training standards for direct care staffs.
- Review various fee for service options to include; Cumulative Needs Rating; Customized Care Planning; and Defined Care Plans
- Determine how to price fee for service programs to insure full staffing cost recovery.