For this month’s edition of CCG Spotlight we are getting to know our long time instructor John Simmons. John joined CCG over 15 years ago and has proven to be a wealth of knowledge for both our clients and our own staff. His rich experience as a board certified Mental Health and Psychiatric Nurse have made him a perfect fit to many of the programs we’ve offered over the years. You can find John teaching in our certification, continuing education, webinars, and as a guest presenter at conferences. Additionally, John has taken part in a few of our recent video productions on mental health topics. Below are a few questions we have asked to learn a little more about John, enjoy.
- Who is your favorite musician or band? The New York Philharmonic
- Do you dance crazy when no one is looking? Yes, even if someone is looking. I also like to sing in the car but this is sometimes a problem if the window is down at a stoplight.
- What was your favorite toy as a kid? I grew up on a farm so it was whatever I made, usually a simple airplane out of 3 sticks of wood.
- If you could have dinner with one famous person, who would it be? Einstein and Gandhi.
- Do you think people should eat the fish they catch, or just let them go? I don’t kill. I don’t fish. I have read that fish have a more developed nervous system to pain than we do so, my fishing friends and hunting friends/family and I don’t have much to discuss in this area.
- What’s your favorite kind of drink? Water
- What’s your favorite book? The Bible but I also enjoy Partridge’s Word Derivations.
- What’s your favorite midnight snack? Crackers and cheese.
- What is the one, single food that you would never give up? Guacamole
- What’s your favorite movie? Sabrina (with Harrison Ford)
- What do you think is the most useless class in high school? Civics
- Do you scream on roller coasters? Yes, and I like the very front or the very back seat.
- Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? My wife, Rose
- What’s your favorite season? Winter, with the muted colors of nature and the family social events.