I am writing this week’s Tuesday Tip from an airport as I am headed to Washington, D.C. For ALFA’s annual Advocacy Fly-In, where we will join over 100 assisted living professionals who are coming together to advocate for the assisted living principles of choice, independence, and quality of life for America’s seniors.
Being an advocate and helping to spread the word about the assisted living movement can be enormously rewarding for both the industry and the residents we serve. Not to mention the benefits you receive personally and professionally by rejuvenating yourself and connecting with other senior living professionals.
Here are some tips to help you get active and get involved:
- Participate in industry events, such as the ALFA’s annual Advocacy Fly-In
- Network at conferences and events, such as the upcoming NCAL Spring Conference
- Talk to your legislators about the importance of assisted living in meeting the needs of our aging population: Senate, House
- Start a local networking group
- Participate in your state provider association
These are just a few ideas to help you get started. What are you doing to get involved? We would love to hear your stories!