New Year’s Eve has always been a time for looking back to the past, and more importantly forward to the coming year. It’s a time to reflect on the changes we want (or need) to make and resolve to follow through on those changes. Here are a few assisted living themed resolutions you may want to add to your list for 2012.
- Implement a monthly staff training schedule for 2012.
- Focus on resident centered care to ensure quality of life.
- Finally thin those resident charts.
- Schedule time to take CEU courses several months prior to expiration.
- Reduce workplace injuries with proper staff training on back safety, bloodborne pathogens, and more.
- Spend more time with resident’s family and friends.